Til Gur ladoo or sesame-jaggery balls are a traditional Maharashtrian sweet made with sesame seed, jaggery and ghee(optional). Served on special occasions and festivals like Makar Sankranti. This is a healthy snack option for kids above 3 years.
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Til Gur ladoo or sesame-jaggery balls
- Sesame Seeds/Til - 150 g
- Jaggery - Sugarcane - 130 g
- Peanuts - 40 g
- Ghee - Clarified Butter - 1 tbsp
- Dry roast the sesame seeds till they are light golden in color. Cool and keep aside
- Dry roast the peanuts. Cool and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan or if you do not want to use ghee just heat a heavy bottom pan and add the jaggery.
- Simmer over a slow flame till jaggery melts and caramelises.
- Add the roasted til and peanuts and mix it thoroughly with the melted jaggery. You may need to put out the flame during this process.
- Grease your palms with a little ghee/butter, divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape the til/sesame mixture in round balls